I write about my life. It used to be a marketing blog and now its just my blog

C'mon J Co! Wake up a little!!

| Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Remember how i talked about companies who treat communities as a a marketing fad and make zero use of social media? Welcome to the world of J Co.

Good Donuts, terrible coffee, horrible service. For those who have access to Krispy Kremes, consider yourselves kissed by the sugary dessert gods. I went down yesterday to a J Co takeaway joint to get myself some "why didn't i just go to starbucks" coffee and ended up wasting 20 mins of my lunch hour telling some counter dude it shouldn't take this long to percolate, heat up , swish and serve. And because, he was struggling with my latte, he turned to serve the lady (pretty) behind who had a much easier order of frozen yogurt. He actually just gave up.

So, what's a guy to do these days in this age of citizen journalism?

I went looking online for a J Co feedback channel. Surprisingly, i found their community site. Initial thoughts were "finally! something they're doing right."



But lo and behold, the community site had nothing that allowed me to feedback, compliment, complain or even interact with anyone from J Co.

A site like this where there is no brand presence or semblance of engagement from brand to customer is like saying " here, enjoy this lovely community space i have prepared for you to talk with fellow customers, i hope you have fun cause i won't. In fact, i won't ever come in. I have a webmaster to do that"

Again, to all brands and marketers out there, every brand needs to have a face, an identity, a personality. If you don't think your brand represents anything or anyone then it surely defeats any purpose of anyone showing up at all.

It was just in the last post that i blogged about corporate branding police. Obviously, now with this entry, J Co's google alert might be sounding off but was this necessary? Imagine this scenario,

1) I find the community site
2) I find a talkback section
3) I talk
4) J Co listens
5) I blog now and it's a MUCH better blog about how J Co gets it.

Comments? Anyone else had a J Co experience to shout about?

As an enhancement to my posts, i will be adding some youtube music videos at the bottom so my old music blog readers can come back. ( nod to mr kim, Pepe and co)

For my new readers, this used to be a music blog but social media has kinda taken over, decided they need not be mutually exclusive even though there is little relevancy. Anyway, here is my late addition to today's post. A beautiful track taken of the Banquet OST. (btw, i love how there is no visual on the screen, just enhanced the music for me that much more.)


No comments :

Post a Comment

lionbo's Profile on Ping.sg