I write about my life. It used to be a marketing blog and now its just my blog

Social Network Wars! Which side are you on?

| Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Are you getting social network fatigue? This has been on my mind quite a lot recently when i analyzed the amount of effort and time i spend daily just trying to keep up with pokes and punches and updates and notifications etc. Customization sounds a lot like social networks telling us to "Have it your way" MY way . I am thinking about doing a more in depth piece on the impact of pervasive social media ( what do you think? Yes, do or No, don't bother) and this diagram popped out at me.


(taken from http://www.personalizemedia.com)

It's tremendously insightful and it summarizes the potential and fundamental difference of social media. It also made me suddenly very claustrophobic. I felt like a fly trapped in some social media web that i couldn't get out of. The fact that i'm blogging right now is pulling me deeper into this web. I needed some light relief and thankfully this video saved the day.



It's hilarious and i totally related to it. ( except for the 2nd life portion. Life is complicated enough without having to create a new one)

Meanwhile, i would like to take this moment to thank all the Ping.sg readers and my facebook friends who have given me such great support over this blog. Carry on reading and keep the comments and pongs coming. I hope to improve this as much as i can so any feedback as well is welcome

No comments :

Post a Comment

lionbo's Profile on Ping.sg